Saturday, November 3, 2012

Quad-Chocolate Cookies


I know that my mom LOVES these cookies because she loves her chocolate. This gives you the experience of eating a brownie, but with less crumby mess. I don't get the chance to make these for my mo very often, so when I do, she knows that I really miss her. I came up with the idea for these cookies after Christmas a few years ago and there were leftover miniature chocolate bars from our stockings. Last year my mom intentionally saved some of those mini candy bars so that I could whip her up a batch; I honestly think it gave her an excuse to hide a stash of emergency chocolate in the baking supplies....either way, I LOVE YOU MOM!!



Tips:
Get the scoop - this is a moist batter, so I recommend using a cookie scoop; this also gives your cookies consistent size.
Buy the bag - One king size candy bar of each chocolate will give you just the right amount needed for this recipe or you can buy an 11 ounce bag of mixed miniatures bars.


Oven Temperature: 325 degrees
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 10-12 minutes
 Servings: 3 dozen cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour 
3/4 cup baking cocoa 
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened 
2/3 cup granulated sugar 
2/3 cup packed brown sugar 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
2 large eggs
1 large bar (1/2 cup) milk chocolate, roughly chopped
1 large bar (1/2 cup) dark chocolate, roughly choppe
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels


Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 325° F.

2) In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt and set aside. 


3) In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

4) Gradually beat in flour mixture. 

5) In a small bowl, toss the chocolate pieces to mix them and then stir in 1 cup of the pieces. 

6) Drop by rounded Tablespoons onto ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Top with remaining chocolate pieces.

7) Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set. 

8) Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment