Sunday, August 26, 2012

White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies





I thought it was only fitting for my first post to be a cookie. In college I would make cookies once a week and walk them around the dorms; we called it Cookie Monday (my friends loved it especially). People knew me as "Cookie Girl" instead of by my first name. I made this batch for my younger brother to thank him for helping his hysteric sister with directions.

Tips: 

Milk - I know it seems insignificant (2 tsp.) but the milk keeps the cookie moist 
Toppers - I don't mix in a handful of the nuts and chips, so that I can top the cookies before I put them in the oven and make them look even more delicious!
Scoop it - I have a designated cookie scooper in my utensil drawer. This is the one I prefer and love: Trigger Scoop
WATCH - Keep an eye on the cookies, because if your oven is like mine, you may have to rotate the pan to bake the cookies evenly.

Oven Temperature: 350 degrees
Time: 10 - 12 minutes
Servings: 4 dozen, 2 - inch cookies
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1 (12 oz.) package white chocolate chips


Directions:

1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

2) In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix the ingredients to distribute each ingredient evenly. Set this bowl aside.

3) In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated and brown sugar. Add vanilla, milk and  eggs, one at a time (to prevent a mess).

4) Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until all ingredients are combined.

5) Stir in nuts and chips (reserve some if you would like to top the cookies).

6) Place dough by rounded Tablespoons onto an ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.

7) Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browning around the edges and the centers are set.

8) Cool cookies for a few minutes on the pan until transferring onto a cooling rack. 

All cookies are best straight from the oven, but these should last about a week in a covered container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment